Best Fish Finder
Selecting the best fish finder 2017 was a challenge. With so many fish finder brands offering so many features, we decided to save you time and create the Best Fish Finder for 2017 List; however still provide you with a lot of price comparisons from multiple sellers and access to fish finder reviews.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Fish Finder 2017
- 2 Best Fish Finder 2017 Comparison Chart
- 3 Best Fish Finder Brands
- 4 Fish Finder Buying Guide
- 5 Why Create A List for the Best Fish Finders 2017?
- 6 What Makes Our Web site an Authority on Fish Finders?
- 7 What Makes Our Top 5 List of the Best Fish Finders Different?
- 8 Compare to Other Garmin Fishfinder Prices
- 9 Compare to Other Humminbird Prices
- 10 Compare Lowrance Fish Finder Prices
- 11 Shop These Fish Finders
- 11.1 iBobber Wireless Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder for iOS and Android devices.
- 11.2 RAM 1.5″ Ball Marine Electronic Rugged Use Mount for Lowrance Elite-5 Mark-5 Hook-5 Elite 7 Ti Fishfinders
- 11.3 Humminbird 7700281 GCBK CSB GP1272 Portable AGM Battery and Charger-Color may vary
- 11.4 Humminbird 760025-1 30 Foot Ethernet Cable Extender
- 11.5 Humminbird 409210-1 1100 1159ci HD XD Combo with GPS and Sonar
- 11.6 Garmin 010-01797-01 Echomap Chirp 44Cv with transducer
- 11.7 Humminbird SM1000 Sonar Module
- 11.8 HUMMINBIRD 409210-1 / Humminbird 1159ci HD XD Combo – Dual Beam TM Transducer
- 11.9 Humminbird 561 408460-1 Black and White Sonar Fishfinder (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 11.10 Humminbird 409670-1 PiranhaMax 197C Color Fish Finder (Grey)
- 11.11 Lowrance Elite-5 Touch Fishfinder
- 11.12 Humminbird 710235-1 Down Imaging Dual Beam Transom Mounted Transducer
- 11.13 Humminbird Helix 10 SI GPS KVD Finders
- 11.14 Garmin 010-01812-02 Echomap Chirp 42Cv with transducer
- 11.15 Humminbird 408550-1 12″ 2KW Radome with Ethernet Connection
- 11.16 Humminbird Mc-W Mounting Cover For Quick Disconnect Bracket 740036-1
- 11.17 Humminbird 4087001 PiranhaMAX 195C Color Dual Beam Fishfinder
- 11.18 Humminbird 409640-1 HELIX 5 SI Fish Finder with Side-Imaging and GPS
- 11.19 Humminbird 409720-1 HELIX 5 PT Portable Fish Finder with GPS
- 11.20 Humminbird ICE 55 Ice Fishing Flasher
- 11.21 Humminbird IDMK PM In-dash Mounting Kit for Humminbir PiranhaMAX Units
- 11.22 Garmin echoMAP CHIRP 73sv with transducer
- 11.23 Humminbird 710161-1 XPT 9 20 T SINGLE/DUAL BEAM 20/60
- 11.24 AS RSL Wireless Sonar Link™ (7000321) Category: Fishing Supplies
Best Fish Finder 2017
Best Fish Finder 2017 Comparison Chart
|Image||Brand||Name||Reviews Highlight||Price Range||Read Reviews|
|Venterior||#1 Best Seller on Amazon; The display lights up bright; Not designed at high speed.||$40 to $86||Read Reviews|
|Garmin||Great display even in bright sunlight, GPS is great, but might be small screen for use with sonar at same time.||$120||Read Reviews|
|Lowrance||Great value. As long as you stay under 5mph it shows bottom structure.||$80 to $100||Read REviews|
|Humminbird||#15 on Amazon Best Fish Finder. Helix 5 worked well through ice.||$450||Read Reviews|
|Hawkeye||Portable or boat mountable. Have to purchase mounting hardware separately.||$138 to $172||Read Review|
Best Fish Finder Brands
The Best Fish Finder Brands for Sale Online!
There’s never enough time to shop all of the fish finders online. To help shorten your online fish finder research, we spent over 80 hours compiling and reading through 100s of fish finder reviews to include within our Web site allowing you to quickly compare the best fish finders and read real customer reviews in a one-stop online fishing shop. Don’t take our word for it, click through the products and read the customer reviews before you buy.
Fish Finder Buying Guide
We compiles a buying guide that should answer your most frequently asked question when buying a fish finder for your boat, your canoe or even a portable GPS fish finder
5 things you need to know before you purchase a fish finder:
The location of your fish finder will help determine if you buy a portable fish finder or a permanently mounted version. Many fisherman rent their boats for a weekend and may like the portable fish finder option that is self-contained and familiar to use. The permanent versions are very popular with boat owners, who can permanently mount the transducer, versus use temporary suction cups that many portable units rely upon.
The transducer and the angle of the cone angle will really impact the clarity on the screen. he wider beam gives much more coverage for finding fish within the wider cone. A narrower cone will allow you to see deeper and can help you determine the composition of the bottom.
Dual beam fish finder transducers are available and can help get the benefits of both frequency types. Multiple beam transducers and 3D versions are growing in popularity as the prices continue to come down over time. Frequency of the transducer is also an important aspect; as the higher frequency will give better images on the display.
The display size and clarity of the image is much like your TV determined by the number of pixels available. The less pixels, the less clear and detailed the picture will be, which could impact your catch. The more pixels, that you can afford, the more fish you may find. Displays still come in the old-fashioned black and white versions, which are great if you are looking to save a few dollars. The color displays help you see better in direct sun and provide a richer experience.
Portable units come with their own battery pack and permanent units can draw from the boat’s power sources. The more the power and wattage that your unit has will help your transducer go wider, go deeper and find more fish to catch.
The Fish Finder GPS
Global positioning systems (GPS) is a great feature to invest in if you are looking to geographically track and mark your hot fishing spots. Most units will be able to save 100s of locations in your fish finder; however if you are looking to save money and buy a portable version – we recommend using your smartphone GPS and downloading an app to help save your locations. If you are using your fish finder in a permanent location; the GPS is a great feature to include for navigating new water and getting you back to your hot spots fast. It really depends on your current technology and price affordability.
Why Create A List for the Best Fish Finders 2017?
Every month we have 1,000s of shoppers visit our online fish finder shop seeking to research and quickly compare the best fish finders before they buy online. Hence we decided to create an ever evolving list of the best fish finder brands and offer a convenient fish finder comparison chart.
What Makes Our Web site an Authority on Fish Finders?
We have quickly become the #1 shopping destination online for everything related to fishing tackle and gear with a store based upon technology, not inventory. This means we do not have an incentive to include a particular fish finder in our list, no products are sponsored (at least not yet sponsor) and we do not suggest a particular fish finder brand based upon commission. Our Web site is supported by advertising and no matter what fish finder you decide to buy; we appreciate your visit to research, compare or buy.
What Makes Our Top 5 List of the Best Fish Finders Different?
Our list of the top five best fish finders for sale online only includes products that are available for sale online, delivered to your door, has customer reviews available on for you to read on Amazon (we include a link to easily compare prices on Amazon’s site) and a detailed product description to review.
Compare to Other Garmin Fishfinder Prices
Compare to Other Humminbird Prices
Compare Lowrance Fish Finder Prices
Shop These Fish Finders
Fish finders are a great way to bring the latest technology to fishing, and help you catch the best fish yet! Fish finder manufacturers have begun to make so many variations of fish finders and we keep our fish finder marketplace up to date with these latest fish finder trends. These fish finders have been handpicked and include popular brands like Garmin Fish Finders, Humminbird Fish Finders and Lowrance Fish Finders. Continue to shop and let us know if you find a better brand!
• Patented sonar fish identifier technology
• LED beacon
• Rechargeable battery and charge status indicator light
New Higher Speed Processor
All models can receive SI and 360 Imaging via Ethernet
Humminbird Sonar Module
2D digital sonar
Single touch color screen
No transducer included in the box
High resolution display 5-inch, led-backlit color display
Display size – diagonal: 10.1 inch
Use the 5-port Ethernet switch to link together multiple Hummingbird head units or share transducers
Gps antenna built into the head unit
3.5″ 256 Color Display
320 X 240 Pixels
Dual Beam-200khz/28Degree -10db
Precision Internal GPS Chartplotting with built-in UniMap cartography
Maximize your angling experience with the Humminbird HELIX 5 SI GPS fishfinder GPS system
Micro SD card slot for optional maps or for saving waypoints
Includes Humminbird UniMap base maps
AutoChart and Navionics Gold/HotMaps compatible
Compatible with Humminbird LakeMaster charts